- This event has passed.
Yoga Therapy Workshop – Frozen Shoulder
July 29 @ 10:30 am - 1:30 pmR400
Yoga for Frozen Shoulder (Adhesive Capsulitis)
This workshop can help you learn how to confidently and knowledgeably address students who struggle with a frozen shoulder so that you can safely address their specific condition in a yoga class or in a one on one session. Leave this workshop feeling equipped with enough tools and resources that can be implemented right away to make your student’s condition feel understood, supported and assisted so that their pain can be minimised as much as possible.
In this 3 hour workshop we cover the following:
• Anatomy of the shoulder joint
• Understanding the cause of frozen shoulder
• Looking at frozen shoulder from an Ayurvedic perspective
• Discovering and discussing which postures should be avoided under which circumstances
• Learning variations of asanas and somatic movements that best address shoulder pain and discomfort
Who can attend: Yoga Teachers, Yoga Teachers in Training, Yoga Practitioners suffering from these conditions.
Date: Sunday 29 July 2018
Venue: 14 Dalmore Rd, Tokai
Time: 10:30 – 13:30
(R750 if attending the Sciatica workshop in the afternoon)