. Name: Stuart Kirton.
2. DOB: 08.04.1981.
3. What style of yoga do you teach? Vinyasa flow.
4. Where do you teach? Yo Yoga |w ww.yoyoga.co.za
5. How long have you been practicing yoga? 10 years.
6. How long have you been teaching yoga? 7 years.
7. Who have you trained with and where? West London Yoga Shala, 400hr in Shadow Yoga.
8. What led you to yoga and at what point did you decide that you wanted to teach? I wanted to feel better about myself in mind, body and soul. I went to India for 10 weeks and learnt yoga under Sheshadri, he inspired me to instruct.
9. What do you love most about teaching? It’s enjoyable, fun, but still disciplined. I like to see how the benefits of yoga reward the students.
10. Is there a focus in your teaching style? ‘Simple, safe and strong’.
11. What do you love most about yoga? The freedom it gives my body and the calmness it brings to my mind. It also gives me a sense of longevity.
12. What is the greatest challenge you have overcome with the help of yoga? Overcoming fear and anxiety. It has helped me gain confidence.
13. What advice do you have for people who have never tried yoga? Come with an open mind and no expectations, yoga is for anybody and everybody.
14. Do you have a regular practice? 4 days a week.
15. Favourite Asana? Chakrasana and handstands.
16. Strongest Asana? Backward bends.
17. Least favourite asana? Forward bends.
18. Any religious affiliations? N/A.
19. What are your other interests? Tennis, squash and mountain hiking/running.
20. Any thank yous? All my teachers, family, my life partner and my business partner.