3. What style of yoga do you teach?
My style is Hatha and I specialize in pre and post-natal yoga.
4. Where do you teach?
I teach from my studio at home, Blossoming Bellys in Pretoria.
5. How long have you been practicing yoga?
6. How long have you been teaching yoga?
7. Who have you trained with and where?
I have trained through Holistic Yoga SA with Orlene Olwagen and Geraldine Anderson, I am also a member of the YTF.
8. What lead you to teaching yoga and at what point did you decide that you wanted to teach?
I was amazed by the magic of yoga, the simplicity of following your breath and being aware of the movement of your body with it. The benefits that it has on the spirit, mind, focus and heart that I had to take it further and share it!!
9. What do you love most about teaching?
I love that moment where you begin, eyes closed and body grounded and suddenly you go within. Taking people to that place “within” is awesome.
10. Is there a focus in your teaching style?
Absolutely. I really focus on forming a connection between mother and baby right from the moment they know they are pregnant. To nurture that loving relationship and feed it with joy everyday. And to eliminate all fears and worries about becoming a mother.
11. What do you love most about yoga?
I love the bliss of breathing, so simple and so glorious.
12. What is the greatest challenge you have overcome with the help of yoga?
To take a step….or two back from challenging situations, take a deep breath in and then only jump into it.
13. What advice do you have for people who have never tried yoga?
Take a deep breath in and go for it, open your mind and heart to it fully!!
14. Do you have a regular practice?
Yes, twice a day…..weekends off
15. Favourite Asana?
The cobra. I love the full opening and lifting of the heart and that beautiful deep breath into it.
16. Strongest Asana?
17. Least Favourite Asana?
18. Any religious affiliations?
Do unto others what you want done unto you.
19. What are your other interests?
Dancing, hiking, reading.
20. Any thank yous?
To my wonderful, awesome, beautiful partner and the ever magical universe that connects us all.