- 1 box Fry’s Meat Free Chicken-Style Strips
- 50g margarine (for frying)
- 250g punnet mushrooms, cleaned and sliced
- 1 green pepper – sliced
- 50g margarine
- 1 tsp. crushed garlic
- 60g maizena flour (mixed in ½ a cup water and ½ a cup milk or try dairy-free milk)
- 2 tsp. black pepper
- Salt to taste
- 250ml can fresh cream or try Orley whip imitation cream
- Nutmeg to garnish
- Parsley to garnish
– Melt margarine in frying pan and cook through Fry’s Strips.
– Drain and set aside.
– Fry mushrooms in remaining oil for 2 minutes and add green pepper and sauté for 5 minutes and set aside.
– Add 50g margarine, crushed garlic and maizena flour mixture and stir continuously until mixture thickens.
– In a large pot, add sauce, fresh cream, strips mixture, black pepper and salt and simmer for 2 minutes.
– Sprinkle Nutmeg and parsley on top.
– Ready to serve.
Thank you to Anitha Roopnarian of Durban and Fry’s Family food for the recipe contribution.