Time: 25 minutes
- 1 box of Fry’s Mince
- 100ml oil
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp. crushed ginger and garlic
- 250g plain cream cheese (or try vegan parmesan)
- 3 sprigs thyme
- 20 large jalapeno peppers
- 1 cup flaxseed meal
- ½ cup water
- 3 tsp. margarine
- ½ cup flour
- 1 cup dry bread crumbs
- Heat 30ml oil in a medium sized pot and add onions and garlic and ginger.
- Fry until onions are golden brown and add Fry’s Mince. Cook through, drain and allow to cool.
- Mix in cream cheese and thyme and set aside.
- Clean jalapeno peppers removing pips and spoon mixture into each jalapeno pepper and set aside.
- In a bowl add flaxseed meal, water, margarine, flour and breadcrumbs and mix together.
- Gently roll each stuffed jalapeno peppers into the mixture, forming a layer around the peppers.
- Deep fry in 70ml of oil on high heat between 2-3 minutes, turning the peppers once and drain and allow to cool.
Ready to serve.
Thank you to Rev Batohi of Durban and Fry’s Family Food for your lovely recipe contributions.