2. DOB: 15 February 1960.
3. What style of yoga do you teach? Sivananda.
4. Where do you teach? At Lotus Studio and in our local township.
5. How long have you been practicing yoga?
About 11 years.
6. How long have you been teaching yoga?
7. Who have you trained with and where?
I trained with a school called “Samvit Sagar” near Thiruvannamalai in South India.
8. What lead you to teaching yoga and at what point did you decide that you wanted to teach?
I did the teacher training course purely for myself not intending to teach, but the universe had other plans and I got gently persuaded into teaching by Nicki Friedlein the owner of Lotus Studio. I have been teaching there ever since and am a co-owner with 5 other teachers.
9. What do you love most about teaching?
To witness the change in people who start practicing yoga regularly is one of the most beautiful and rewarding things I have ever experienced.
10. Is there a focus in your teaching style?
To teach complete yoga.
11. What do you love most about yoga?
The way it balances the whole being and opens the heart.
12. What is the greatest challenge you have overcome with the help of yoga?
Yoga has helped me with shyness and insecurity and on a physical level has helped enormously with lower back problems.
13. What advice do you have for people who have never tried yoga?
Try it – no matter what age or physical condition you are in, there is an aspect of yoga that will be suitable for you. The benefits of a regular practice will be beyond your wildest imagination.
14. Do you have a regular practice?
15. Favourite Asana?
Matsyasana, (Fish) I love the way it opens my heart space.
16. Strongest Asana?
Sirsasana / headstand, (being a Sivananda yogi).
17. Least Favourite Asana?
Chakra asana / Urdhva Dhanurasana, (Wheel/Upward bow).
18. Any religious affiliations?
19. What are your other interests?
I love pottering about at home, being out in nature, painting and decorating, reading and walking. I enjoy watching a good movie from time to time and going out for dinner with my family.
20. Any thank yous?
Yes, to all the teachers who have had an influence on my practice – Venu, Radha, Charlotte Pregnolato, Nicki Friedlein, Swami Pragyamurti, Brett Wearne, David Jacobs, Roberta Lombardi, Viktor van der Kleij and to my husband and sons who support me wholeheartedly.