21 July 1981.
- What style of Yoga do you teach?
Bikram & Vinyasa.
- Where do you teach?
YamaYoga & The Source.
- How long have you been practicing Yoga?
I have been practicing yoga for 5 years, but only really got into my practice 3 years ago, practicing 3/4 times per week.
- How long have you been teaching Yoga?
- Who have you trained with and where?
200hrs Bikram training with Sy Ali at The Source, 200 hrs Vinyasa training with Laura Norton at The Source.
- What lead you to teaching Yoga and at what point did you decide that you wanted to teach?
In 2002 I had an accident causing a stroke. I had to learn how to walk again. I went back to beginner’s ballet, Pilates and Yoga to improve my balance and confidence. I started finding joy in Yoga as it really improved so much more than just the physical abilities…it helped me to calm my mind and gave me freedom.
- What do you love most about teaching?
Very easy, the ability to share what I’ve learned!
- Is there a focus in your teaching style?
Strength in both the body and mind.
- What do you love most about Yoga?
The different styles… the different instructors…the different energy, and that one lifetime is not enough to learn and know it all!
- What is the greatest challenge you have overcome with the help of Yoga?
My career change.
- What advice do you have for people who have never tried Yoga?
Don’t just try it once. It’s like eating a delicatessen that originally you might not enjoy, like oysters, capers; olives…try it at least three times before you make up your mind…this can be applied to all things in life.
- Do you have a regular practice?
Yes, 3-4 times per week.
- Favourite Asana?
Any Dhanurasana – Bow, Standing pulling Bow, Upward Facing Bow…love the opening and lifting of the heart chakra!
- Strongest Asana?
Trikonasana – Triangle.
- Any religious affiliations?
I’m a Christian.
- What are your other interests?
I enjoy hiking, Mauy Thai, swimming, reading, traveling, cooking, food & wine, family time and time on my own.
- Any Thank yous?
Thank you to my mother, Laura Norton, Renee Watson & Bryan Mac at The Source for believing in me and my abilities.